What We’re Making? Simple Gathered Skirt

Becky stiched up an adorable gathered skirt for her Granddaughter. Zig zag or serge the top before attaching the elastic band with a simple straight stitch. Just stretch the elastic as you sew!

The sweet little mouse was inspired by something she saw in a local shop. What a special gift for a special little lady!

Hope your new year is inspiring!

~Diana

14 Responses to What We’re Making? Simple Gathered Skirt
  1. Suzanne
    January 3, 2013 | 5:31 am

How cute! I love seeing the projects.

2. elsa
    January 3, 2013 | 5:37 am

Such a cute skirt and simple too! I just bought some of the itsy bitsy spider fabric the other day ~ love it!

3. Melanie
    January 3, 2013 | 7:34 am

Wonderful indeed! Such a special gift. Happy 2013 to everyone at Pink Chalk!

• Kathy
      January 4, 2013 | 7:05 pm

Thank you Melanie, Happy New Year to you too! When are you coming to visit – you won’t believe what the place looks like since you last came :) xo Kathy

4. Gina.S
    January 3, 2013 | 8:12 am

That is really cute!

5. Bregje
    January 3, 2013 | 1:29 pm

Pretty skirt, and the fabric is so lovely!!

6. Sally
    January 4, 2013 | 2:15 am

What is the fabric called? Does Pink Chalk carry the elastic? Really cute!

• Kathy
      January 4, 2013 | 7:13 pm

Hi Sally,

The fabric is from the Nursery Versery collection from Heather Ross. The print is called Itsy Bitsy Spider. We have sold through the collection. You should be able to find it on Etsy.

The elastic is a very funny story. Several years ago I was at Sew Expo in Puyallup. One of the vendor booths I was in gave the HARD sell on this HUGE disk of wide elastic. It’s the kind you see on boxer shorts. It was the last day of the show and he did not want to transport all the heavy elastic back to his home base. $5 for the disk. Yeah, like the deal of the century. I complained ALL DAY as I carried it around. It’s fueled about 50 projects so far by the Pink Chalk team.

I’ve yet to make anything with it! The intent was always to sell it in the shop but I never got around to listing it. If you’d like some – send me an e-mail at kathy@pinkchalkfabrics.com and I will send you several yards to play with. (anyone reading this comment is welcome to that deal as well until it’s gone!)

Happy New Year,
      xo
      Kathy

7. Cynthia
    January 4, 2013 | 10:22 am

The skirt is adorable!

8. Sylvia Hack
    January 6, 2013 | 1:03 pm

Would like some of the elastic to make a skirt for my great daughter

• Kathy
      January 7, 2013 | 10:03 am

On it’s way Sylvia – I’m removing your address from the comment you left so it’s not out there for public view :) xo Kathy

9. MarciaW
    January 7, 2013 | 5:09 pm

What is the elastic that was used? Do you sell it? Cute little skirt. Would like to know the basics of making it too.

10. Jen S.
    January 8, 2013 | 1:07 pm

Hi Kathy
    Did you get my email a couple days ago about the elastic? Just wondering…b/c I am interested in some elastic if there’s still some left. Thanks a bunch, Jen

• Jen S.
      January 28, 2013 | 1:26 pm

Thankyou Kathy! Youmade my day. I had long since assumed the elastic was all gone. BUT…I went to the mailbox to see that pretty package. Thankyou so much, it’s so very generous of you.
      (I was just at a quilt retreat on Saturday and we got a PinkChalk tape measure/cards from you in our goodie bags that Rebecca of OurBusyLitt1eBunch gave us….so I wanted to thankyou for those too:)