I have a library full of positive-thinking/motivational/you-go-girl titles. I just can’t get enough of that type of energy in my life and now that I have a Kindle I can read like 5 at a time. I also like making up little affirmations for the day. Often with a bit of humor thrown in. So if you were wondering about the origin of today’s post title…
Carrie took this fabulous picture of our solids wall. Some re-organizing in preparation for 28 new Kona cotton colors arriving in June. The excitement builds!
Winner of the Geared for Guys by Emily Herrick book:
robin who said “I’d like to make a quilt for my son graduating this year. Thanks!”
Winners of the Spring Quilt Market 2012 Giveaway Loot:
- Kate F. – A SIGNED copy of Denyse Schmidt Modern Quilts Traditional Inspiration!
- June McFarland – A SIGNED copy of Sew Serendipity Bags by Kay Whitt
- Kim T – A SIGNED copy of Kaffe Fassett’s Quilts in Sweden (signed by both Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy)
- Marita – A SIGNED copy of Stupendous Stitching – How to Make Fun and Fabulous Fiber Art by Carol Ann Waugh
- patricia – The complete set of new pattern releases from Serendipity Studio including The Bebe Dress, The Sally Shirtdress, Artful Bags & Accessories, and Fashion Formula Dresses – a HUGE thanks to Kay Whitt who generously provided these! (patterns coming soon to the shop)
- NutellaNutterson (a good blog comment name to quickly tell if you’ve won, love it!) – Modern Quilts Illustrated #1 and #2 from Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr at the Modern Quilt Studio.
- Miranda – Chateau Rouge by French General - 2 1/2 inch Candy squares
- Krista – Poppyprint (I want to go to Las Vegas with Krista, this has got to be the 100th time she’s won a giveaway on this blog!) – Mini 2 1/2 square pack of all 28 new Kona Cotton Solid colors! (we’ll be getting all 28 when they ship in June)
- katherine higgins – Moda Apron featuring the canvas text print from the upcoming Odds & Ends collection by Julie Comstock
- rosemary – Moda tote featuring the canvas tape measure print
- Carolyn Fulmer – Moda linen tote printed with the quote ’As Usual, Unusual’
- Virginia Hammon – City Scenes by Jane Dixon promotional tote from Andover Fabrics
- Catherine Fowler – Eco Messenger Bag featuring the Triangle Jubilee Quilt from Deploy that Fabric by Jen Eskridge for Stash Books
Congratulations and thank you to everyone that played along. I’m up to comment #451 of 591. Your insights allowed me to process my own more fully and think strategically about how Pink Chalk Fabrics can best serve you over the next 6 months. You all were SO right about hexagons and garment sewing too – two really BIG trends coming our way. Till next time… You Are a Winner! xoxo Kathy