Everyone on the Pink Chalk team has been talking non-stop about making handmade gifts this season. The trend of cooking our food at home and making things the old fashioned way reminds us that the satisfaction of a job well done with one’s own hands is a gift to ourselves and the people we share our lives with.
Handmade with Love is a celebration of making and giving gifts.
We invite you to link a tutorial you’ve written sometime in 2011 to one of the three categories below: Gifts for Friends, Gifts for Little Ones, and Deck the Halls. Tutorials that will inspire us all to make gifts for our friends and family, gifts for the little ones in our life, and gifts to decorate our homes for the holidays.
There’s some fun prizes too — see the details at the bottom of this post for contest guidelines.
Happy Holidays and Happy Handmade Gift Giving!
- Tutorial must have been written in 2011. To keep things fair and square links to tutorials written prior to January 1, 2011 will be removed.
- Limit of one tutorial entry per person per category.
- Tutorials accepted for submission November 15, 2011 through December 15, 2011.
- The Pink Chalk Fabrics Team will select 5 winners in each category. Beginning December 17, 2011 through December 21, 2011, the top 5 tutorial submissions in each category will be featured on the blog. Readers will vote for their favorite in each category. The top vote getter across all categories is the Grand Prize winner.
- One Grand Prize Winner: A Janome Hello Kitty Sewing Machine (yipppeee!!! go start writing that tutorial!)
- Two remaining 1st Place Category Winners: a $100 Gift Certificate to Pink Chalk Fabrics
- 12 remaining Top Tier Winners: a $20 Gift Certificate to Pink Chalk Fabrics
Troubleshooting this code: if you do not see the button appear after you cut and paste the code, your browser may have turned the straight quotes into curly quotes (there are 12 of them). Be sure they’re all straight.