Welcome to Week 45 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 45 – Project 98
Cozy Dog Bed – designed by Mary Richmond page 270
1 yard of 54″/60″ fabric (medium to heavy weight)
5 1/2 yards of packaged piping with flange (optional)
3 pounds of polyester fiberfill
Sewing-machine zipper foot
Cindy’s Tips and Thoughts
- Cindy found the construction of the dog bed trouble free.
- To make the cover removable for washing, she added a zipper to one end and “stuffed” it with a pillow that could easily be removed.
- The side panels were pieced rather than using piping.
Week 45 – Project 99
Dog Walking Coat – designed by Dorothy Grinolds page 272
pattern on sheet #1
1/4 yard of 3/4″ Velcro
two buttons (optional)
Carrie’s Tips and Thoughts
- The dog coat was a simple and easy to follow project. A great project for a beginner.
- Carrie lined the coats with flannel for added warmth.
- The book calls for 3/4″ Velcro, which Carrie highly recommends. She used a narrow Velcro to start with and it was not secure enough for the active dogs. (Before she delivered the coats she added more Velcro – the jackets stayed secure on their walk.)
- Carrie had fun “girly-ing” up Cruiser’s Coat with hand stitched pink embroidery floss on the collar and belt. Stitching the crochet cherries on the collar added a bit more to the “cuteness”.
- Kirby’s Coat was set off with black manly buttons on the belt.
With the promise of treats Kirby and Cruiser were happy to model their new Walking Coats.
Kirby and Cruiser show off their new Walking Coats on their morning walk.
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details