Where I Sew

Where we create can be just as much fun to plan, organize and dream about as What we plan to make there! This is the spirit behind Where I Sew month here on the Pink Chalk Studio blog.

During July we’ll be taking a virtual tour and sharing a peek at the sewing spaces of some of our favorite designers and sewing enthusiasts. Real spaces where real people sew.

And, of course, the tour wouldn’t be complete without a stop at your house! See instructions below on how to add your sewing room to the mosaic. Let’s go!

How to add your picture to the mosaic:

• Press the ‘Add Your Link’ button at the bottom of the mosaic.
  • Enter a URL. This can be a blog post where you’ve given us a tour of your sewing room or a link to a photo of your sewing space on Flickr or a Picasa album (Facebook doesn’t seem to want to work!).
  • You’ll then select a specific picture from that source to appear in the Where I Sew mosaic.
  • Don’t worry about messing up. You can always remove it and do it again!

Grab a button:

Pink Chalk Studio

Troubleshooting this code: if you do not see the button appear after you cut and paste the code, your browser may have turned the straight quotes into curly quotes. Be sure they’re all straight.

76 Responses to Where I Sew
  1. Krystina
    July 2, 2011 | 9:52 am

My sewing space is so messy… This is a great reason for me to whip that room into shape!

2. Lucinda
    July 2, 2011 | 10:42 am

My husband just finished my sewing room in our new-to-us house. I’m thrilled to share it with you!

3. Jovita
    July 2, 2011 | 10:57 am

fun idea Kathy! but boy oh boy, talk about opening a can of worms :) maybe this will be the impetus to clear up and take a more up-to-date pic .. desperately need to “decorate” a bit in here.

• Kathy
      July 2, 2011 | 7:35 pm

Ha! I’m feeling the same way, I HAVE to get mine in order since I’m the hostess and all, look for me later in the month!

4. Jane
    July 2, 2011 | 11:26 am

Really looking forward to this. I’m moving this week so won’t be able to participate but hope to get lots of good ideas for my new space. Thanks!

5. liveacolorfullife
    July 2, 2011 | 11:47 am

Kathy, I got a Sew-Ezi table after I saw your post. Love.It! I added my link and I’ll add the button to my blog as well. I LOVE seeing where other people work their creative magic.

• Kathy
      July 2, 2011 | 7:36 pm

I still love my sew-ezi!

6. Lauren
    July 2, 2011 | 1:51 pm

What a fun idea!! I have to sew at my dining room table, so I won’t be uploading any pics of my space, but I love the idea of seeing where others get their inspiration and how they keep things organized!

• Kathy
      July 2, 2011 | 7:36 pm

Look for a few dining room tables in our designer series Lauren!

7. Beth Lehman
    July 2, 2011 | 3:24 pm

I LOVE looking at other spaces!!

8. cathygaubert
    July 2, 2011 | 4:03 pm

hey, lauren…i sew at my kitchen table! come on, upload a photo and embrace the reality. :) and then we can dream of our maybe-one-day space as we look at where other people sew. ;)

9. Ginger
    July 2, 2011 | 5:22 pm

What a fun idea!

10. happy zombie
    July 2, 2011 | 5:51 pm

How fun! I love looking at people’s sewing spaces!!

• Kathy
      July 2, 2011 | 7:38 pm

ok, LOVE your avatar Monica, too funny!

11. Candy from Candied Fabrics
    July 2, 2011 | 7:18 pm

Ah, this is a great idea! I LOVE seeing where people create, it’s so inspirational!

• Kathy
      July 2, 2011 | 7:39 pm

You better guard your husband after people see your space Candy!

12. Rita Goshorn
    July 2, 2011 | 8:30 pm

my back room is sssssmall, but i can put an ironing board up in there and still move around it. otherwise i slap an ironing pad down on my cutting mat for smaller jobs. i luv the space anyway, but need to keep things put away all the time so i can work in there.

13. JoAnne
    July 2, 2011 | 8:49 pm

I am so jealous! My sewing room looks like someone or several someones tossed fabric in there!

14. simone
    July 3, 2011 | 1:19 am

A perfect post, Kathy, since I have the aim to really really clean up and start organizing my sewing space!
    Now I can see how I want it and maybe not want it.
    It is always so much fun and inspiring to have a peek in other people’s spaces!
    Looking forward to the other posts (o:

15. Jess
    July 3, 2011 | 5:09 am

I sew at the dining room table, which I hate, but I have plans to get an old desk and set up a sewing “nook” for myself. This month’s posts should provide me with the inspiration and motivation I need to finish that project!! :)

16. Tiffany
    July 3, 2011 | 5:13 am

Those spaces are fantastic! I’m getting some great inspiration for my own space!

17. Debbie-Esch House Quilts
    July 3, 2011 | 7:15 am

These are some wonderful spaces! I always thought I should keep my space white, but those blue and green rooms look amazing!

18. Beth T.
    July 3, 2011 | 12:46 pm

I relate to the more “lived in” looking spaces and aspire to the colorful, airy rooms. Thanks for keeping it real and inspiring at the same time.

19. AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters
    July 3, 2011 | 5:12 pm

How fun! I recently finally posted my sewing space. I absolutely love to see where others create!

20. Panhandle Jane
    July 3, 2011 | 7:06 pm

I’m not posting a picture. We are getting ready to move as soon as we can find a house, and a sew-spin-knit-weave room is a priority for me. I so want to see everyone’s pictures!

21. Karen Wilson
    July 4, 2011 | 2:38 am

I’m really looking forward to this because my sewing room needs a makeover and there is very little inspiration on the web for “real” sewing rooms. They either look like no body ever makes anything in them, or they’re already as disorganised as mine :)

22. Ramona
    July 4, 2011 | 7:01 am

It is so fun to look at other people’s sewing room. I am turning my daughter’s old room into a sewing room and love checking out these pics for inspiration.

23. jesy
    July 4, 2011 | 11:20 am

This is Awesome! I love to look at others sewing area’s and get inspiration! Great idea!

24. Shannon
    July 4, 2011 | 8:02 pm

Sigh, feeling a bit poorly about my humble, and very untidy sewing space. Perhaps I can switch my perspective to “inspired”…..

25. Gina.S
    July 4, 2011 | 9:26 pm

I’m getting some good ideas from this!

26. Kristy - Hopeful Threads
    July 5, 2011 | 8:48 am

Wow! Lots of amazing spaces!!! And lots of inspiration too!

27. erica k
    July 5, 2011 | 9:39 am

Ooo! I love this idea!

28. Mona L
    July 5, 2011 | 7:15 pm

Oh what fun to be able to see all these great spaces! It is always inspirational to see where others create.

29. Chris
    July 6, 2011 | 9:35 am

Thank you for this wonderful idea! Nice to see all the other workplaces. ;) Where creativity flows. ;)

30. alma grogan
    July 6, 2011 | 1:16 pm

My children have moved back home so I lost my sewing place. Now it is where ever I can set up long enough to do something. Which is not often. I also got my first 2 crandchildren in march. One (girl) on the first and one (boy) on the eighth. My eldest son and eldest daughter. So kinda been a little busy to sew.

31. alma grogan
    July 6, 2011 | 1:17 pm

My children have moved back home so I lost my sewing place. Now it is where ever I can set up long enough to do something. Which is not often. I also got my first 2 grandchildren in march. One (girl) on the first and one (boy) on the eighth. My eldest son and eldest daughter. So kinda been a little busy to sew.

32. Monique
    July 6, 2011 | 1:59 pm

I couldn’t remove my first try at linking my sewing rm~ its the blurry one! sorry! hope you can remove it!

33. Carrie P.
    July 7, 2011 | 2:41 pm

OH, these spaces were fun to see and get ideas.

34. sew katie did
    July 7, 2011 | 5:27 pm

stinking fun. my corner doesn’t compare. I guess I’ll have to think of the quality of goods coming out of my little ‘livudio.’

35. Margaret
    July 7, 2011 | 9:45 pm

What a terrific idea! Our little house has a finished attic that currently contains all my craft supplies, including my mom’s old sewing machine on my husband’s old college desk, largely segregated from the “living space” of the house. Eventually we plan to expand our “living space” to the upstairs, at which point I hope my craft supplies will find an adorable and inspiring nook rather than a pile or a closet … these spaces certainly are a neat inspiration!

36. Meg
    July 7, 2011 | 9:57 pm

Darn! For some reason it didn’t work when I clicked on my picture! Is there a way to fix it? Sorry about that!

• Meg
      July 7, 2011 | 9:58 pm

Never mind! ;0p

37. Jone Hallmark
    July 9, 2011 | 2:05 pm

Totally intimidating!
    Everyone’s space is so clean and organized – and BEAUTIFUL! ….maybe just for the photos, which is how I will choose to see it (!!)
    Can’t imagine that I just sit at the kitchen table after pulling my 1930′s Singer Featherweight from its case….. ahhhhh for a sewing room.

Love you …… MISS YOU!
    xoxo

• Kathy
      July 17, 2011 | 6:02 pm

Your entire home is an inspiring place to create Jone! I’m getting lots of inspiration too. Will call you soon!!! xoxo Kathy

38. jodi
    July 11, 2011 | 6:45 am

What a great idea Kathy! I love gaining inspiration from others for my own creating space. I’m off to visit all these lovely spaces!

39. karen wilson
    July 12, 2011 | 5:02 am

This is great because I need lots of inspiration to improve my room. Have added my link but my photos should very much be viewed as “before” photos.

All I need now is one of those TV make-over programs to come and sort it all out hahahahahaha

40. Linda Winters
    July 12, 2011 | 8:15 am

Hi, Kathy! I linked up! I decided that even though it doesn’t look like this presently (it is REALLY messy right now!!!), it does look neat UNDER all those stacks of projects and boxes of patterns!!!!

41. Kelly Irene
    July 13, 2011 | 9:40 am

Thanks for doing this! It is really fun to see where others sew. I messed up the first time but can’t delete the link so mine shows up twice! I’m so sorry! The second link is the right one. sorry :/

42. June
    July 17, 2011 | 7:54 pm

How FUN!!! I just posted a link to the mosaic on my blog. Now I need to go get a picture to upload. I can’t wait to take some time to look at everyone’s sewing spaces.

43. Melissa
    July 18, 2011 | 12:49 pm

What a great idea. Thanks for putting this together. I added my sewing room, it’s kinda boring. I’m hoping to spruce it up a bit in the near future. I can’t seem to get the button work for me in blogger, eventhoug I made sure the quotes weren’t curly.

44. Barbara Keith
    July 19, 2011 | 5:28 am

It is so fun to see how other sewers have arranged their sewing room. I’m always looking for ideas. My room looks like a train wreck at this time, but all of you have inspired me to get in there and clean up the space and build some shelving.

45. Denise ~ Perched On A Pincushion
    July 22, 2011 | 6:52 am

Kathy, what fun it is to check out everyone’s sewing spaces! I’ve added mine and mentioned your blog post on my blog. Great way to spend a steaming hot day in NJ.

46. Maureen Cracknell
    July 27, 2011 | 4:48 pm

This is such a great idea! I can’t wait to visit everyone’s sewing space!!!

47. Victoria
    July 27, 2011 | 8:54 pm

So much fun to see everyone’s space!! I wish mine was as clean as my picture that I posted! Who am I kidding! Big Hugs Kathy!

48. Red
    July 28, 2011 | 7:32 am

My first picture was blurry so I reposted it. Hope that is ok?

49. Nina-Marie
    July 28, 2011 | 3:41 pm

Must be the voyeur in me but I love seeing everyone’s space!! Great idea!

50. Rachel B.
    July 28, 2011 | 4:39 pm

Thanks for hosting this great tour. It has been great to see all the different sewing spaces.