Welcome to Week 19 of the One Yard Wonders Sew Along!
Week 19 – Project 44
Jewelry Roll – designed by Valerie Williams pg. 122
1/2 yard of light weight woven fusible interfacing
two 7 inch zippers
1 1/2 yard of 3/8″ wide grosgrain ribbon
sewing machine zipper foot
Melissa’s Tips and Thoughts
- This was a GREAT project. Very easy and only takes about an hour.
- Melissa liked the pattern/instructions as they are. She did make the ring ribbons a little bit longer (instead of 7 inches, she cut them at 11 inches).
- To complete the jewelry roll Melissa top stitched around the edge of the final product even though it didn’t call for it.
From Melissa, “It turns out very cute….I will be making this again. This might be what my female friends and family will be getting for the Holidays this year. I was also thinking it would be a great gift for newlyweds before a honeymoon.”
Beautiful Sea Glass Necklace created by Pink Chalk team member Diana of Sea Gem Studio.
Week 19 – Project 45
Collapsible Shopping Tote – designed by Shelley Crouch pg. 125
Alicia chose Michael Miller Fabrics Zoology Sea.
1 package of 1/2″ double fold bias tape
1 snap fastener or Velcro square/circle
Alicia’s Tips and Thoughts
- Easy and straightforward pattern.
- Janis showed Alicia a nice trick for cutting out the pieces. Fold the fabric lengthwise down the middle, then fold it lengthwise again. Pin the pattern piece to the fabric and cut. You only need to cut once to get both pieces!
- Alicia used binding tape for the tie straps rather than creating straps from main fabric (She liked the look of the yellow tape against the gray, and thought that the main fabric had the wrong scale for skinny straps). A second package of binding tape was needed since the binding of the handles used one whole package.
- A pocket was created from scraps of fabric from a previous One Yard Wonders project. The fabrics are Michael Miller’s Dumb Dot Gray and Tiny Gingham Aqua.
Detail of Janis’ layout tip
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details