Week 7 – Project 16
Tabletop Ironing-Board Cover – designed by City Chic Country Mouse page 54
Jacqui selected Robert Kaufman Metro Living Dot Black.
Jacqui’s Tips and Thoughts
- In place of a zigzag stitch all the way around her fabric Jacqui used her serger.
- Jacqui suggests basting and gathering the edges to eliminate the fullness.
- A cord lock was used to keep her strings tight.
Jacqui enjoys making clothes. This little board is a handy tool in her sewing room. The Tabletop ironing-board cover is a fun project, simple to follow instructions and high impact in the charm department!
Week 7 – Project 17
Kitschy Kitchen Apron – designed by Mother’s Apron Strings pg 56
Carrie’s Tips and Thoughts
- Carrie ordered 3/4 yard of the Diamond Garden Shindig and a 1/2 yard of Grandma’s Pearls Blue.
- When cutting out the apron fabric she used a little extra fabric so the flowers would be centered on the apron.
- An all over print would not require fabric beyond 1 yard.
- She cut the ties at 41″ instead of the 31″ so she could wrap around the tie or have a generous bow.
- The pattern was easy to follow and went together quickly.
How to participate: One Yard Wonders Sew Along Details