1/25/11 – The auction is now closed. Thank you for the generous bids and congratulations to the winner Bronya!!!
Natural disasters and the devastation they wreak always leave me at a loss for words. The sadness goes straight to my heart. The magnitude of destruction caused by flooding in Queensland has reached unprecedented proportions. Toni Coward of Make it Perfect patterns conceived an amazing and accessible way for all of us to contribute to the relief effort.
Hosting an auction on your own website or bidding generously on the ones posted will contribute to the relief and rebuilding efforts already underway. I’m contributing my Lollipop Forest I Spy quilt – read below on how to bid.
Quilts are an interesting bird. Each one is unique. Each takes on a voice of their own. Sometimes they speak quickly as to their purpose. Other times they sit silently asking for extreme patience from the creator.
Lollipop Forest is an I Spy Quilt that came together effortlessly as a contribution to the book Craft Hope. I’ve had more offers to purchase this quilt than anything else I’ve ever created. One was particularly enticing. Yeah, I like money too! For whatever reason, I can’t say specifically what it was, I had no desire to sell the quilt. It’s been peacefully keeping me company in my sewing room and I’ve enjoyed it being there.
When I heard about the Queensland Flood Appeal Auctions it was patently obvious what this quilt was waiting for. It is time for Lollipop Forest to continue on its journey!
100% of the proceeds will go to the Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal.
The quilt measures 39″ x 42″, original design by me, made from 100% cotton fabrics and is machine quilted by me. Quilt Design is included in the book Craft Hope.
How to bid on this quilt:
1. Bidding starts at $50 US.
2. Place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
3. Bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4. This auction is open to everyone in the world. Shipping is included in the bid amount and sponsored by Pink Chalk Fabrics.
5. The auction begins now and will end at midnight on Monday, January 24, 2011.
6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner. The winning bidder will donate the amount of the bid directly to the Premier’s Flood Relief Appeal and send confirmed receipt of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received Lollipop Forest will be joyfully packaged and mailed out to you.
7. Thank you for participating and happy bidding!
Click on the icon to see a Master List of all the Queensland Flood Appeal Auctions. Auctions run through Monday, January 24 at midnight. Bid early, bid often, bid generously!