Sew Expo 2009

Rewind, Sew Expo 2006. Right to left: my fabulous & fabric crazy friend Dawnise, Leil and me! They’ve used it in their promotional materials the last couple of years. I pulled this photo off their website. I LOVE that expression on Leil’s face.

When we first moved to Bainbridge Island and I discovered that the Sew Expo at Puyallup was within driving distance I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. Last year I ate lunch next to a woman who had traveled all the way from Arizona with her ASG friends.

I’m writing this post as a reminder for everyone in the Northwest that the show is coming Feb 26, 27, 28 & Mar 1. You can download the brochure and print a registration page from the Sew Expo website. Now is the time to sign up if you want to take classes. Sessions for the most popular speakers will be full by the time Expo arrives.

I’m taking it easy this year. I’ve signed up for only one class: Zippers by Sandra Betzina. Last year I did 4 in one day and was exhausted at the end. I’m looking forward to taking my time strolling through the vendors and attending two of the fashion shows. Everyone keeps telling me I MUST go to the Independent Pattern Company Alliance show so this is the year!

Links to last year’s Sew Expo posts here:

Sew Expo 2008 – Sandra Betzina

Sew Expo 2008 – Ah! Kimono

Sew Expo 2008 – Independent Pattern Designers

Sew Expo 2008 – Pam Clarke’s Quilting Templates

I’m planning to attend on Thursday, Feb 26. Please say hello if you see me. And if you’re wearing a Mail Sack bag I’ll stop you and make you take a picture with me.

11 Responses to Sew Expo 2009
  1. Amber
    January 14, 2009 | 9:00 pm

How fun – wish I was in driving distance :-)

2. Ricki
    January 14, 2009 | 11:02 pm

Be still my heart. I didn’t even know such a thing existed! I moved out here a little over a year ago from Wisconsin and I am still learning about all of these wonderful things.

I work at Clothworks, you’d think I’d be tired of fabric by the end of the day but NO! I can’t get enough :) And now you tell me of this wonderful expo? I think I’m in heaven!

Thank you for the heads up!

3. Mayya
    January 15, 2009 | 2:38 am

Oh how i wish i could attend however, i am thousands and thousands of miles away :(

4. Cindy
    January 15, 2009 | 8:00 am

I went 2 years ago, before I started sewing. I went mainly so my mom wouldn’t have to go alone. Well, it got me interested in sewing and now I’m hooked! We’re going again this year and I can’t wait!

5. Chara Michele
    January 15, 2009 | 3:51 pm

Thanks for posting about this! I remember seeing your posts about this last year, right before we moved & wishing it had been a few weeks later :) I might have to go this year! :)

6. Jill
    January 15, 2009 | 6:50 pm

Sounds fun! I want to go! :)

7. Sarah
    January 15, 2009 | 8:33 pm

I’m going this year too, not sure of the date yet. My friend Shannon invited me to go down with her. If we’re there on Thursday we should try to meet up! Oh, and last year I bought the most gorgeous Pendleton wool remnants. I still have a gorgeous navy blue 3 yard piece I need to sew into something special – although it would make a nice blanket simply bound……

8. lissilulu
    January 15, 2009 | 9:05 pm

Thanks for the reminder…Puyallup is about 2.5 hours North from me but that pattern making one sounds too good to not go.
    I have had pattern making on my mind for about 5 months now and it is getting stronger. I just dont have spare time to waste on not getting it right and need some pointers. Sounds like the place. :o )
    Lori

9. Megan
    January 16, 2009 | 12:06 am

That’s such a great shot of Leil.

10. Kathy Ellis
    January 30, 2009 | 11:24 am

I have always wanted to go but never had the time off from work I am so exccited that this year a coworker of mine has agreed to trading me days off so I can go. How do I register, how do I find out about singing up for classes. Please advise. Thanks Kathy

11. kathy
    January 30, 2009 | 11:42 am

Kathy, yay for you! Here’s a link to the web page where you can print out the registration form:

Be sure to check the ‘Sold Out’ classes list link in their sidebar if you’re signing up anything. It will save you heartache in signing up for something that’s no longer available.

You mail it in, they process it and then send you back your tickets for the show and any classes. Of course, you do not need to register in advance to attend. You would just pay at the gate.

Have fun!